The Library Offers Many Services to Community Residents
Many different types of materials are available for checkout at the library:
- Large print books
- DVDs & videos
- Music CDs
- Books on CD, cassette, and MP3
Fax service, a public copier, and tax forms also available.
If an item you want is not in the Lewis & Clark catalog stop by or call the circulation desk to complete an interlibrary loan request. We will try and obtain the item through a statewide and/or nationwide search. There is no charge for this service.
Computers with Microsoft Office 2007 are available for public use on the first floor of the library. Sign in to use these computers at the circulation desk.
Computers with Internet access are available for use by O'Fallon Public Library cardholders. These computers are located on the second floor of the library. Cardholders under the age of 18 must have an Internet agreement / waiver signed by a parent or guardian on file before accessing the Internet.
An Internet Express computer for non-cardholders is also located on the second floor of the library. Those without an O'Fallon Library card can use this for up to twenty minutes a day.
Wireless access is also available. A password is not needed.
O'Fallon Public Library cardholders, 18 years and older, may borrow laptops from the circulation desk for in library use only. A valid photo ID to be surrendered at the desk until laptop is returned is required.
See the complete Usage Policy and Agreement Form for more information.
Patron Access Computers to search the Lewis & Clark catalog are located in front of the circulation desk and also in the children's department.
Computer classes are offered on a monthly basis. Check the calendar for current offerings.
The library has an eight station computer training room available for groups and small businesses to use to update their staff and clients on computer applications. Reservations are required. Contact the library for more information.
A youth services librarian is available in the children's section of the library to offer assistance and guidance to children and parents.
The children's section also houses several special collections of materials to assist the young reader.
Be sure and check the calendar for children's and teen programming, as well as storytime hours.
Assignment Alert!--A cooperative initiative for O'Fallon teachers to notify the library about upcoming assignments. The library will be prepared with supplemental materials for students using the library to complete assignments. Teachers please fax or email form.information about the upcoming assignment or complete this
Special Delivery Bags-- Need something for children while they are sick or visiting? Let us create a personalized bag of fun with books, movies, and activity sheets! To request a bag, fill out our Special Delivery Bag form, call the library at 632-3783, or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Give us 24 hours to put your bag together & we'll contact you when it is ready. All materials are due back 3 weeks from checkout. This service is available to O'Fallon Public Library patrons only.
The Library provides Voter Registration Services.
To register to vote, you must be:
- A U.S. citizen
- At least 18 years old by Election Day
- If you became a citizen while living in the U.S., you must tell the registrar the date you became a citizen.
- In order to register, you will need 2 pieces of identification. One of the identification pieces must include a current address.
The library has a small and large meeting room available for civic groups to use at no charge. Reservations are required. Contact the library for more information.
The Library offers many programs for both adults and children throughout the year. Be sure to check the calendar to see what is going on.
The Library now has a collection of online resources available to help you with your job search! Eight computers in the training lab are now available for those seeking employment from 9am-4pm Mon.-Fri. & on Sat. & Sun. during regular library hours (except when lab is used for scheduled classes) and each computer has the following resources available:
- Career Transitions, an online career guidance center that walks users through the job-search process from beginning to end is now available! It brings together all the tools needed to explore and take the leap to a new career. Career Transitions employs a step-by-step approach to help people: 1) explore new career possibilities; 2) assess their interests and experience; 3) identify ways to improve their prospects, including networking and education; 4) prepare for a job search; and 5) search and apply for jobs. (This database can also be accessed from your home computer if you have an O'Fallon Library card.)
- Vocations, Careers, and Technical Education Database, a collection of online journals that will help with career choices
- St. Louis area job websites
- National and International job websites
- Veterans Employment & Training service website
- Illinois Skills Match website
- Illinois Department of Employment Security (IDES) website
- State of Illinois Employment Opportunities website
- Microsoft Office Word 2007 resume and cover letter templates
No reservations are required, computers are available on a first come, first served basis. The computer lab is located on the second floor of the library, just stop at the reference desk. For more information contact Jamie Doil at the library.
Note: Library hours are subject to change and the library may close due to severe inclement weather or other unforseen emergencies.
May 27, 2013
July 4, 2013
Sept. 2, 2013
Nov. 28, 2013
Nov. 29, 2013
Dec. 24, 2013 (close at 12pm)
Dec. 25, 2013
Dec. 31, 2013 (close at 3pm)
Jan. 1, 2014
Jan. 20, 2014
Feb. 17, 2014
April 20, 2014
New Year's Eve
New Year's Day
Martin Luther King Jr. Day